Rusbuldt joined the Large “I” in 1986 and took on the CEO position in 2001 after main the affiliation’s authorities affairs division for a few years. Throughout his time with the affiliation, he has overseen main initiatives, together with:
- The inception of Large “I” Markets (a market entry program for agent members);
- The formation of BIRC (a reinsurance firm) and InsurBanc (a financial institution catering to unbiased insurance coverage businesses);
- The implementation of Trusted Alternative® (a advertising and marketing model for members) and TrustedChoice.com (a consumer-facing agent locator and firm);
- The creation of Large “I” Hires (a nationwide hiring useful resource for the unbiased company channel); and
- The institution of the Trusted Alternative Catastrophe Aid Fund and COVID-19 Aid Fund for member businesses in want, amongst different notable improvements.
Most not too long ago, Rusbuldt steered the affiliation by way of the COVID-19 pandemic and the celebration of the affiliation’s one hundred and twenty fifth anniversary. Moreover, he was acknowledged for his contributions to the trade through the years, together with being named considered one of Insurance coverage Enterprise journal’s world’s prime insurance coverage leaders on its World 100 checklist.
Commenting on the insurance coverage chief’s retirement, Bob Payment – president of Payment Insurance coverage in Kansas and Large “I” quick previous chair, who presided over the Large “I” board assembly – stated Rusbuldt’s impression on the affiliation, its unbiased agent and dealer members, and the trade “can’t be overstated.”
“The unbiased company system is stronger and higher right this moment, because of greater than twenty years of Bob’s unbelievable management. Together with his drive, work ethic, and real dedication to our members, he’s a changemaker who has elevated the IA channel. Bob’s shut relationships with so many key gamers within the trade have made an indelible mark,” Payment stated.
As a part of the turnover course of, the Large “I” govt committee named Charles Symington (senior vp for exterior, trade, and authorities affairs) Rusbuldt’s successor, efficient August 31, 2023.
Like Rusbuldt, Symington has an extended historical past with the Large “I,” having been with the affiliation since 2004. He oversees federal and state authorities affairs, political affairs, grassroots, trade relations, and communications and media affairs.
Commenting on Rusbuldt’s successor, Payment stated: “Charles is the proper selection to guide our affiliation going ahead and constructing on Bob’s legacy. Together with his in depth trade expertise in each the private and non-private sectors and his impeccable connections on Capitol Hill, the Large ‘I’ will probably be properly positioned for additional development and energy sooner or later. Our agent leaders and workers have at all times revered Charles and loved working with him, and we stay up for seeing the place he takes our group within the years forward.”